Sporadic Sequential
Thursday, May 07, 2009
Buyer's Remorse

In the comments thread of yesterday's post, Augie De Blieck Jr. remarked that he couldn't believe he bought Maximum Fantastic Four, an expensive coffee-table examination of Fantastic Four #1. Which got me to wondering: What comic-related purchases do you most regret? For me, the first thing that comes to mind is all the hardcover DC Archives I own. I let a combination of misplaced nostalgia and completist mentality compel me to buy way too many of these books, most of which sit unread, taking up precious shelf space.

How about you? What purchases do you wish you could go back in time and undo? (Also: Anyone interested in buying some old DC Archives, cheap?)

UPDATE: Over on Twitter, Martin Kretschmer brought up an interesting flipside to this question. Namely, What comics do you most regret selling? For me, that's an easy one: I really, really, really regret selling off my full set of Miracleman trade paperbacks. Not only because I foolishly sold them for mere cover price, but because they're books I'd actually like to re-read every once and awhile.

Labels: , , ,