Sporadic Sequential
Sunday, December 09, 2007
Well Played, Marvel Comics. Well Played.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Marvel actually impressed me with this announcement. Doing a manga version of the X-Men would be old news, but doing it as a shōjo series is genius. I wish I'd thought of that! (I'd say my suggestion for New Mutants was close, but still, that added shōjo twist is what makes it so brilliant. Now if Katsuhiro Otomo is announced as the artist of the OEL Wolverine book, then I'll go after Marvel for stealing my ideas.)

And it looks like artist Anzu's style won't be too jarring for X-Men fans. The character featured on her cover art to The Reformed Volume 1 is basically Gambit circa the 1990s, isn't it?



This may also be the first time ever where I'm hoping that DC steals an idea from Marvel. C'mon, DC! Get with the program already!!

Labels: , ,