Sporadic Sequential
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Coming Soon: Spider-Man J Vol. 3: Japanese Mournings

Here's a rare occurrence: Something from Marvel's monthly solicitations that actually interests me. Yes, finally Marvel is getting around to my idea of crossing "New Mutants" with "Wedding Crashers" in Astonishing Tales #4: "And Sunspot and Cannonball crash some weddings in MOJOWORLD!"

No, wait. That wasn't my idea. (I'd pitched it with Power Man and Iron Fist.)

No, wait. This is what I was really excited about:


SPIDER-MAN J VOL. 2: JAPANESE DAZE DIGEST
Story and Art by YAMANAKA AKIRA
Translation by YUKO FUKAMI
English Adaptation by MARC SUMERAK
Cover by YAMANAKA AKIRA
Fresh from Japan...SPIDER-MAN J! Originally published only in that country, SPIDER-MAN J enjoyed a large following of loyal readers. Now, fans here can enjoy Spider-Man J’s manga-styled adventures, as well – collected for the first time in America and translated for your reading pleasure! Reprinting stories from SPIDER-MAN FAMILY #7-9.
128 PGS./All Ages ...$9.99

It only lists reprints from three issues of Spider-Man Family but the page count of this volume is the same as the first (128 pages) so I'm assuming there's material in here that's never seen print in the U.S. before? Plus, it looks like I finally get to see Akira's mangafied version of Doom and the FF! Whoo-hoo!!

Labels: , ,