Sporadic Sequential
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Sorry, Kids -- Maybe I'll Buy You Those Disney Movies Next Year

I just noticed that Tower.com seems to be having a pretty big and fairly extensive sale on its site. I'm not sure when it started or how long it'll last, so head over and check to see if there's anything that you've been looking for that's on sale. I was actually looking for Disney DVDs as Christmas gifts for the kids when I decided to check on the items saved on my wish list. I'd just placed two items on the list yesterday, With The Light volumes two and three, because I'd requested the books via my library months ago and they still hadn't come in. Yesterday each volume was priced at $8.78, still a great deal, but today the price was reduced to $6.99 apiece! That's over half-off!! (You know how excited I get when the price of something falls below that magical 50% barrier.)

Some other great bargains I noticed (ones I bought in bold):
  • Solanin - $9.99
  • Aya of Yop City - $10.99
  • Vagabond VIZBIG Edition, Vol. 2 - $11.86 (vol 1 is even cheaper - only $10.99!!)
  • Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service vols. 1-7 $5.99 each, with #5 even cheaper at $4.99!
  • Sgt. Frog - $4.99 - $5.99
  • Bleach - a couple volumes (21, 22, 24) for as low as $2.99
  • Bleach Box Set (collecting vols. 1-21) - $88.99, or a little over four bucks a book
  • Dororo vol. 1 - $6.99 (2 and 3 are $7.99)
  • Cat Eyed Boy 1 - $12.99 (vol.2 is $13.99)
  • Slam Dunk 1 - $2.99 (!!!! - buy this book!!!)
  • Real 1 - $5.99 (vol. 2 is $6.99)
  • Parasyte 1-5 - $6.99 each
  • Emma 1-6 - $4.99 (7 is $5.99 but the cover price was a dollar more)
  • Spider-Man J: Turning Japanese - $4.99
In my experience, Tower's prices fluctuate quite frequently, so if you see a great deal on something, snatch it up quickly before the price goes back up. And remember, shipping is free on order $25 and over. Any other great deals I missed? Point them out in the comments!

UPDATE 11/13: Looks like prices have drifted back up again. For example, With The Light 2 is now $9.86 and Slam Dunk 1 is 5.95, each almost three dollars more than on Tuesday.

Labels: , ,