Sporadic Sequential
Monday, June 04, 2007
Viz to Publish Omnibus Editions of Naruto?

I was just wondering about this last week and now it sounds like it may be happening after all. From CBR's BEA report:
They [Viz] have announced plans for further Naruto volumes, including a new story arc and some oversized omnibus issues. [Emphasis added]
I haven't been able to find anything else about this, so I have no idea if it's what it sounds like (and given the reporter's apparent unfamiliarity with manga (I know Gyo and Uzumaki are being re-released, but I wouldn't describe them as "new horror titles"), I'm worried about taking this at face value; I have a feeling what was actually announced was one of the previously-announced "Naruto Nation" tie-ins, such as the art book or the anime profile guides), but if it is, this could be A Very Big Thing.