Sporadic Sequential
Friday, February 02, 2007
Manga Miscellany

It looks like Oh My Goddess! Colors has been cancelled by Dark Horse (which explains why the title went missing from the series page). Expect Dark Horse to announce this officially... never.

There's a Bleach movie??? Why wasn't I informed?

Dave Carter managed to score a copy of the manga everyone's been waiting for, Yotsuba&! Volume 4. Not only that, but he got copies of Volumes 5 and 6 as well! Of course, the books are all in Japanese, but still. Lucky bastard.

Shaenon Garrity shares samples from Kekkaishi, winner of a Shogakukan Manga Award in the shonen category. When I first read Shaenon's post, I assumed the images were from scanlations, but it turns out Kekkaishi has been published in English by Viz since 2005 and is already up to volume 7, which just goes to show how behind on manga I am. The benefit of being so behind, though, is that the whole series is available at my local library, so I can sample the series before I buy it. (And it turns out Shaenon has posted pages from Kekkaishi before, as well.) [Via David Welsh]