Sporadic Sequential
Sunday, August 27, 2006
Tokyopop Sincerely Flatters Marvel Big-Time

I wish I could put my finger on what it is that seems so familiar about the logo for Tokyopop's Utopia's Avenger book*...





It just seems really familiar somehow.

* (The image here of Utopia's Avenger's cover is from Tokyopop's free Manga Magazine **, and to be fair, I should note that it does say "ART NOT FINAL." Plus, on Tokyopop's website, the cover and logo are completely different. Personally, I think it's too bad Tokyopop isn't following through with the sample cover; after all, turnabout is fair play.)

** [I tried to find a link for the magazine on Tokyopop's redesigned website and gave up after several minutes. Googling brought up a bunch of dead links -- nice going, Tokyopop -- so I had to go with Wikipedia's entry, which also contains a dead link because Tokyopop has never heard of redirects.]