Sporadic Sequential
Sunday, October 29, 2006
The More You Buy, The More You Save!!

To anyone looking to catch up on some manga series (or any other graphic novels), Buy.com is running a special through the end of October (I know, only a couple more days, but I just found out myself) where you get $10 off orders of $30 or more if you use Google Checkout. There are some limitations (the offer's only good on merchandise in stock and ready to ship; you're charged right away when your order is placed instead of when it ships; and there's the whole issue of giving your private financial info to Google that might make some people uneasy (me? any privacy concerns I might have are trumped by my inability to pass up a great bargain)) but you can take advantage of the offer as many times as you want. And Buy.com's prices on comics are already generally lower than Amazon's, so this is a great deal.

I just placed three orders, saving $30 on
  • Banya The Explosive Delivery Man Vol. 1 *
  • Dragon Head Vol. 4
  • Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service Vol. 1 *
  • Monster Vol. 5
  • Ohikkoshi *
  • Reborn! Vol. 1
  • Vagabond Vol. 1 (Can't believe I haven't read this series yet)
and a bunch of board books for my daughter. It was like getting one $30 order free!!

* (Three Dark Horse books?? I guess bargains trump boycotts in my book, too.) **

** (No, it was never really a boycott.)